This blog was fun to do. I wrote it in a sort of stream of consciousness. Because I wrote it during a bout of depression, I don't necessarily agree with all I said.
Originally posted Monday, September 26, 2005
 |
It's rare that I share a lot of what I think, so this should be fun. Of course these are just some thoughts that wanted to list because I'm bored and don't really talk to any one so this is pretty much the only way I'll get them out there. I think... ...it is possible to be killed by a thought. ...all things are reducible to one thing, I don't know what that would be though. ...people are scary. ...puns are funny. ...Seven jeans are too expensive to be cool (jeans are supposed to be cheap.) ...what most people regard as their identity is actually artifice and quite mutable. ...the sexiest thing for a man to wear is a classic, well-tailored, black suit with crisp white dress shirt and polished shoes. ...nuns have a comforting presence. ...falling down in public is necessary for a complete human experience, and its hilarious. ...it takes more talent and intelligence to be a good comedian than it does to be a university professor. ...men who love dogs and are nice to cats are sooo sexy. ...all people that smoke only started because they thought it looked cool. ...men with beards must be hiding something. ...most people are hiding something. ...clean hands, hair, and feet are essential to being attractive. ...I am not smart enough to talk to other philosophy students. ...black socks always look dorky without pants. ...the universe is a lot more discordant than we would like to think it is, but if it were to have a rhythm it would be the cha-cha. ...having friends is too hard. ...no two people speak the same language. ...androgyny is sexy (a la, that angel chick in Constantine.) ...flip-flops are awful, except on the beach or in public showers. ...I have a lot of work to do to make myself an acceptable person. ...there is a God but He/It is probably not personal. ...theoretical physics is interesting, but way beyond my powers of comprehension. ...most people suck. ...I am too judgmental and I use that as a barrier. ...meat is really gross but it makes me feel better when I eat it. ...I am more flawed than I give myself credit for. ...people who are overly cynical are just as naive as those who are overly optimistic. ...upturned collars look cool. ...Paris Hilton and the Wild Boys represent the impending doom of our civilization. ...Poop is never a legitimate media for art, rather art made with poop is a sign of mental disorder, seriously. ...most conceptual art is fake, unfortunately it is virtually indistinguishable from real conceptual art. ...words are a necessary evil. ...there are absolute truths, though we may never know them. ...neglect is far worse than hatred, morally speaking. ...suicide is embarrassing. ...acceptance is scarier than rejection. ...addictions are more choice than they are disease (Go ahead and debate that one with me, I dare you to think about it, I have.) ...I am a good girl, but I have done some very bad things.
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home