Sorry, blogger’s block.
I have a lot to write about, I just don’t know how. To get the flow back and to quell the numerous complaints I have had about my sparse blogs (Dad) I will simply recap my week.
Monday, May 1:
Slept in. Damnit I wanted to wake up early and do my laundry, get school work done and clean the kitchen. Oh well. Search for long lost school id, no luck. Have to pay for bus. With dimes. Go to afternoon class, bored. Surprise friends buy not joining them afterward in the caf. Instead go to Mission district for graham masala. Disappointed. Everything’s closed in solidarity with immigrants, oh well. Rush home after remembering I left the iron on. Worry. Picture cat hairless and neighbors displaced. See headline: Absent Minded Philosophy Major Does Something Significant After All. Get home, iron not on, paranoia prevails. Dinner: poached egg, english muffin, spinach, hot sauce. Two fudgecicles (low fat) then four more. Contemplate school work, not tonight, bed.
Tuesday, May 2:
Slept in. Damnit I wanted to wake up early and do my laundry, get school work done and clean the kitchen. Oh well. Go to class. Enjoyed class. Spend lunch time thinking about all the work I could be getting done as I sit on grass in the sun. Talk to Billy and Shawn. Realize I do have some real friends. Decide my Cinco de Mayo party probably won’t work. Disappointment. Mild rage. Go to class. Bored. Take copious notes that mean nothing. Go to next class. Art appreciation. Look at slides for two hours. Take copious doodles that mean something. Walk home. Take some pictures. Get home eat something, egg probably. Go for a run, new activity. See dogs in park, makes my day. Hills make me want to puke. Go home. Change clothes. Don’t remember the rest. Monotony.
Wednesday, May 3:
Slept in. Damnit I wanted to wake up early and do my laundry, get school work done and clean the kitchen. Oh well. Check e mail. Fun stuff. Check facebook, myspace, blog site and flickr. Check out friends pages, changes. Should I inquire in real life? No, wait. Go to class, bored. Doodles are improving. Join friends in caf. Try to connect in real life. Failed connection. Restart. Try to get confirmation on guests for my Cinco de Mayo party. Decide party definitely won’t work. Cancel party. Rage. Hurt. Go to Mervyn’s. Buy clothes I think I need. Given a compliment on my “energy” then offered a psychic reading. Graciously decline. Walk home. Still can’t find school id. Go for run. See dogs in park, makes my day. Hills make me want to puke. Go home. Change clothes. Clothes getting very limited, laundry looms. Can’t remember the rest. Monotony.
Thursday, May 4:
Wake up around 8. Do one load of laundry out of desperation. Don’t shower, wear hat. Go to class. Get test back. Got a B, damnit I thought I would do better. Psychology. Go to lunch. Nothing appetizing. Call mom. Talk for one hour. Though cranky, I lead her through some internet tasks. Frustration. Love. Try new Coca-Cola “Blak.” Coffee/Coke fusion beverage. Not bad. Go to class. Discuss “Blak.” Feel self-conscious about hat. Too late now. Go to class. Short. Walk home. Think of everything I need to do. Take a shower. Hope to go out tonight. Talk to ex-boyfriend on AIM instead. Exhausted. Sleep.
Friday, May 5:
Slept in. Damnit I wanted to wake up early and do my laundry, get school work done and clean the kitchen. Oh well, still time. Load all laundry in cart and trek to laundromat. Too much for the machine downstairs. Attempt two loads on my own. Mistake washing machine for dryer. Rewash. Waste quarters. Feel dumb. Pay someone else to do the rest. Walk to the nail salon. Get manicure. Bright red, festive. Walk home. Go for run. Face headwinds, get discouraged. Go home. Wash dishes. Pick up laundry, 40 pounds. So worth it. Get gussied up. Party lipstick and flower for my hair balanced by denim capris and a white tee-shirt. Cute, I think. Go to party down the street. Meet new friends. Accomplishment. Tried hooka, fun. Had 2-4 glasses of Sangria. Not drunk. Had a deep conversation with a guy named Ned on the front steps. Left. Went to Billy’s. Try to form connections. Failed connection. Disappointment. Wonder why nobody could come to my party, but somehow made it out anyway. Make egg and tortilla from Billy's fridge. Must have been a little drunk. Rage. Go home. Write cryptic blog. Sleep.
Saturday, May 6:
Sleep too much. Not hung over, just pissed. Talk to mom, still asleep. 1:00, get up make tacos. Talk to Dad, at work hiding from the neighborhood yard sale. Finish tacos. Eat four. Hope to go out tonight, get the bad taste out of my mouth. Watch movie instead. My First Mister, makes me cry. Experiment with ganache. Success. Go to sleep.
Sunday, May 7:
Slept in. Damnit. Who am I kidding. Contemplate school work. Eat fried egg on toast. One taco. A Diet Coke. Check Facebook, Myspace, Flickr and Blogspot. No changes. Upload photos to Flickr. Waste time writing blog.
Monday, May 1:
Slept in. Damnit I wanted to wake up early and do my laundry, get school work done and clean the kitchen. Oh well. Search for long lost school id, no luck. Have to pay for bus. With dimes. Go to afternoon class, bored. Surprise friends buy not joining them afterward in the caf. Instead go to Mission district for graham masala. Disappointed. Everything’s closed in solidarity with immigrants, oh well. Rush home after remembering I left the iron on. Worry. Picture cat hairless and neighbors displaced. See headline: Absent Minded Philosophy Major Does Something Significant After All. Get home, iron not on, paranoia prevails. Dinner: poached egg, english muffin, spinach, hot sauce. Two fudgecicles (low fat) then four more. Contemplate school work, not tonight, bed.
Tuesday, May 2:
Slept in. Damnit I wanted to wake up early and do my laundry, get school work done and clean the kitchen. Oh well. Go to class. Enjoyed class. Spend lunch time thinking about all the work I could be getting done as I sit on grass in the sun. Talk to Billy and Shawn. Realize I do have some real friends. Decide my Cinco de Mayo party probably won’t work. Disappointment. Mild rage. Go to class. Bored. Take copious notes that mean nothing. Go to next class. Art appreciation. Look at slides for two hours. Take copious doodles that mean something. Walk home. Take some pictures. Get home eat something, egg probably. Go for a run, new activity. See dogs in park, makes my day. Hills make me want to puke. Go home. Change clothes. Don’t remember the rest. Monotony.
Wednesday, May 3:
Slept in. Damnit I wanted to wake up early and do my laundry, get school work done and clean the kitchen. Oh well. Check e mail. Fun stuff. Check facebook, myspace, blog site and flickr. Check out friends pages, changes. Should I inquire in real life? No, wait. Go to class, bored. Doodles are improving. Join friends in caf. Try to connect in real life. Failed connection. Restart. Try to get confirmation on guests for my Cinco de Mayo party. Decide party definitely won’t work. Cancel party. Rage. Hurt. Go to Mervyn’s. Buy clothes I think I need. Given a compliment on my “energy” then offered a psychic reading. Graciously decline. Walk home. Still can’t find school id. Go for run. See dogs in park, makes my day. Hills make me want to puke. Go home. Change clothes. Clothes getting very limited, laundry looms. Can’t remember the rest. Monotony.
Thursday, May 4:
Wake up around 8. Do one load of laundry out of desperation. Don’t shower, wear hat. Go to class. Get test back. Got a B, damnit I thought I would do better. Psychology. Go to lunch. Nothing appetizing. Call mom. Talk for one hour. Though cranky, I lead her through some internet tasks. Frustration. Love. Try new Coca-Cola “Blak.” Coffee/Coke fusion beverage. Not bad. Go to class. Discuss “Blak.” Feel self-conscious about hat. Too late now. Go to class. Short. Walk home. Think of everything I need to do. Take a shower. Hope to go out tonight. Talk to ex-boyfriend on AIM instead. Exhausted. Sleep.
Friday, May 5:
Slept in. Damnit I wanted to wake up early and do my laundry, get school work done and clean the kitchen. Oh well, still time. Load all laundry in cart and trek to laundromat. Too much for the machine downstairs. Attempt two loads on my own. Mistake washing machine for dryer. Rewash. Waste quarters. Feel dumb. Pay someone else to do the rest. Walk to the nail salon. Get manicure. Bright red, festive. Walk home. Go for run. Face headwinds, get discouraged. Go home. Wash dishes. Pick up laundry, 40 pounds. So worth it. Get gussied up. Party lipstick and flower for my hair balanced by denim capris and a white tee-shirt. Cute, I think. Go to party down the street. Meet new friends. Accomplishment. Tried hooka, fun. Had 2-4 glasses of Sangria. Not drunk. Had a deep conversation with a guy named Ned on the front steps. Left. Went to Billy’s. Try to form connections. Failed connection. Disappointment. Wonder why nobody could come to my party, but somehow made it out anyway. Make egg and tortilla from Billy's fridge. Must have been a little drunk. Rage. Go home. Write cryptic blog. Sleep.
Saturday, May 6:
Sleep too much. Not hung over, just pissed. Talk to mom, still asleep. 1:00, get up make tacos. Talk to Dad, at work hiding from the neighborhood yard sale. Finish tacos. Eat four. Hope to go out tonight, get the bad taste out of my mouth. Watch movie instead. My First Mister, makes me cry. Experiment with ganache. Success. Go to sleep.
Sunday, May 7:
Slept in. Damnit. Who am I kidding. Contemplate school work. Eat fried egg on toast. One taco. A Diet Coke. Check Facebook, Myspace, Flickr and Blogspot. No changes. Upload photos to Flickr. Waste time writing blog.

2 Comments:
Wow- you remember back to MONDAY, impressive!
Goddamn you are funny. I love the way you point out the sour and overwhelming self-inadequacies that all of us twenty-something’s experience day in and out. Bleak as it is, there is still a comical disillusion that makes me smile and feel content. Well-done cuz.
Lacie
P.S. What is it with your family and eggs?
Post a Comment
<< Home